Day #14 If you won the lottery…
Oh man! This is a fun one! I’ve actually had this planned out for quite some time. Every time I buy a lottery ticket, my husband and I have it spent before we get back home!
First things first, I would pay off all of our debt: Cars, students loans, hospital bills,credit cards bills, etc. Then I would give some to our families.
I would then buy a semi-modest house. It would probably be 6 bedrooms and have 3 bathrooms. I would probably buy a larger car in addition to the ones we have for trips and driving people different places.
I would employ a personal trainer and put a gym in the basement of said house. I would build a pool outside that rivals the one at the Playboy Mansion (of course, it would NOT have the young girls running around).
My husband would have the best computer in his home office that anyone’s ever seen. He would also have a large number of other computers and anything else he wanted.
Oh, the organization in my house! I can’t even begin to get into that. I would also have a spectacular kitchen. We would go on different vacations every year. Fantastic ones. In addition to being members of the Disney Vacation Club.
I think that’s all I can think of right now. I would invest a lot of it too. I think I’ll buy a lottery ticket tonight. Now the waiting begins…
Day #13 What is your earliest mememory?
They say that you can’t remember anything earlier than 3 years old. I beg to differ. When I was younger than 3, we lived in a house in Maryland. That summer, there was a really bad drought and insects that typically live underground started coming up because they could no longer find water. I remember being in the backyard and these weird red, ant-type things were all over the ground.
When I got a little older, I asked my mom whether or not she remembered that too. She was really surprised that I did.
Day #12 What’s in your fridge?
As you can see, we like using different sauces. We also like milk and beer. Our fridge is pretty standard and normal :)
Day #11 List 15 of your favorite things
This is an easy one. I actually keep a running list of my favorite things on my computer so I can read them when I’m feeling down. It started when I used to be very involved on the SwapBot website. I joined a swap where we all shared 100 of our favorite things. I really enjoyed it and I want to one day make a scrapbook of them for my daughter! These are just a sampling:
15. My daughter
14. My husband
13. Our pug, Roger
12. Getting my hair washed at the salon
11. Watching Christmas movies
10. A good beef stew
9. Winning a prize
8. Fairs and Festivals
7. Going on vacation
6. A babbling brook
5. Taking a long walk
4. Turtles and frogs in a pond
3. Eating homemade ice cream
2. Going to the zoo
1. Hugs (Giving and receiving)
Day #10 What’s your best physical feature?
I had a problem thinking of this yesterday morning and I kept putting it off. Then, before I knew it, the day was over! I don’t like thinking of myself like that. Especially just having a baby four months ago, I don’t really feel that pretty anymore. After much deliberation, I think that my best physical feature is my skin. It’s pretty clear and wrinkle-free. I work hard at keeping that way too. I use wrinkle cream and I have a very specific skin-care regime. I think I’ve tried every product imaginable and I only use what works now. I also drink a lot of water everyday. I think these things really help.
When I was younger, my best feature was hands-down, my thick hair. Now it seems that my hair is thinning. Has anyone else ever noticed that?
Day #9 What Are Your Worst Habits
Oh man. All of these prompts are so thought-provoking. It’s hard just to pick a few! I’ll bet my husband and family could help me out on this one. Haha!
I am a nail biter/cuticle ripper. I know this is really gross and unsanitary but I really can’t help it. I think it’s because I stress myself out too much. But anyhoo, I am not so bad that I don’t have nails as all, but they are just pretty short. I make the skin around my nails bleed all the time. I feel like I’ve tried everything. Guess I’ll keep trying…
I am wired very tight. I think I have a bit of a problem with anger management. I don’t hurt anyone or anything, but I get extremely mad, extremely quickly. I wish I had a better way to manage stress. Being bossy doesn’t help either! :)
I am also a stress eater. Whenever something bothers me, I know I shouldn’t but I turn to food. Hence the problem I’m having losing weight since I had my daughter. I’ve been watching Doctor Oz and he has a lot of shows on the topic so it’s just a matter of making up my mind and sticking to them.
I have other bad habits but these are my worst, I think. See the common factor? I don’t handle stress well. Suggestions?
Day #8 What is in Your Handbag
I am guilty of carrying around way too much stuff in my bag. I am also guilty of having too MANY bags! Although, a lady really can never have too many handbags…am I right?
Peeking out of the top is my book that we’re reading in our book club: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. So far, so good. I also have a wallet that matches the black rose on the bag (I got a phenomenal deal on all the them!) and my iPhone. My mom got an MC Escher case for my phone and I really like it! In addition to that, I have various important papers, coupons and a notepad. I carry around pens too since you never know when you need one. I have my little key chain with all my little club cards so I don’t miss a deal, as well as a little card carrier that holds the full-sized club cards. I keep a binder clip on all my gift cards and keep those separate.
A lady always has tissues in her purse so there’s a tiny pack of those, along with lip balm and hand cream. Gum found its way in there, with some peppermints too. I also carry around my business cards. Tums, a small first aid kit, a purse holder (for when I go out to restaurants), my digital camera and my iPod are the last things I see.
Now are all these things necessary? No. The necessity is that I clean out my purse weekly and get rid of excess junk. Today sounds like a good day to do that! :) Have a great day everyone!
Day #7 Your Pet Hates (Pet Peeves)
This post should be a good one, as I have a few pet peeves! :) I’ll just list ten though. Again, in no particular order:
10. People who choose favorites and don’t treat others fairly. Everything runs a lot smoother when you just treat everyone as equals.
9. Nosiness (Busy bodies). I don’t even think this needs an explanation! Ha!
8. Rudeness. I’ve found out that this gets harder and harder to tolerate as I get older. How hard is it to keep your mouth shut if you have a rude remark?!?!
7. The dog peeing on the floor (this doesn’t happen very often anymore but when the baby was first born, he was so jealous that he would pee in our bedroom all the time!)
6. Walking behind people that walk…really…slowly and take up the entire path! I walk fast, so kindly step aside!
5. People who complain about having no money at all. Then go out and buy new, expensive things! Who are they trying to fool?!?!
4. Laziness. I am sick of this whole ‘the world owes me a living’ mentality. If my family can’t afford something, we work hard or save up to get it. We don’t mooch off of other people. If we have a job, we show up and do it! We don’t call out sick all the time or just crap around. This one is probably my biggest pet peeve. I’m getting angry just thinking about it. (Deep breath!)
3. When you order something at a restaurant that has something you enjoy with it (for example, avocado on a sandwich or a side of fruit) and when they bring it out, that item is missing.
2. People who litter. There are trashcans everywhere. Do you really need to drop that burger wrapper on the ground?
1. A cellphone that breaks up or drops calls. Not fun.
Day #6 Your Five Senses Right Now
Touch- I’m holding an empty diaper package so I won’t forget to get my Pampers Points! Haha! To be a mom! :)
Taste-Just ate a string cheese. I love those.
Smell-My pug. He needs a bath today!
Sight-I see my husband’s collection of Funco action figures. He has the Simpsons , yoda and the V for Vendetta guy.
Hear-I hear my baby bouncing and singing to herself in her bouncer. My favorite sound :)
Follow the hashtag #31days to see other mom bloggers participating in the challenge! Have a great Sunday!
Day #5 10 Songs You Love Right Now
It’s hard to pick just ten. They aren’t necessarily new songs. They are in no particular order:
10. Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
9. Tongue Tied - Grouplove
8. Girls In Their Summer Clothes - Bruce Springstein
7. Don’t Gotta Work It Out - Fitz & The Tantrums
6. Called Out In The Dark - Snow Patrol
5. Everybody Talks -Neon Trees
4. The One That Got Away -Katy Perry
3. The Spy Hunter -Project 86
2. Suspension -Mae
1. Stolen -Dashboard Confessional
These just came to my mind first. :)